We are Recruiting
Role: Marketing Coordinator
Reports to: One of our Board Members.
Location: Work from home, ideally in Camden or Islington, London.
Work hours: approx. 8 hours per week, with reasonable flexibility on time of days/time of week.
Pay: £12 per hour. We are a co-operative where all employees are paid the same wage.
Holiday: Pro-rata holiday pay
Sick pay: Yes
To apply: Please email CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: Sunday 13th June 2021.
Interviews in w/c 14th June 2021.
Who are we?
We are a weekly fresh produce scheme, delivering fruit and vegetables from local organic farms to our members. Our 400 members collect their produce from 16+ collection points in the Kentish Town, Camden Town, Tufnell Park, Holloway, Gospel Oak, Belsize Park and King’s Cross areas. Vegbox was founded in 2012 by members of Transition Kentish Town, with support from Growing Communities in Hackney.
Why work with us?
We empower our community to connect with great-tasting organic fruit and veg sourced from small-scale farms near London. We are proud to be a cooperative, committed to making our food system more sustainable, offering affordable prices and paying our farmers and staff fairly. Join us and be a part of a movement building an alternative food system that is resilient and sustainable. We welcome diversity in all forms and encourage applications from anyone that’s passionate about our work.
Objective of the role
Working with other members of the Vegbox team and board to help Vegbox maintain a steady influx of new members and maintain relationships with existing members.
Key activities include, but are not limited to:
● Content creation:
o Update website, flyers and other outlets with consistent message and copy.
o Create and source content for social media, ads, local newspapers, etc.
● Marketing campaigns:
o Create and execute marketing campaigns to attract new members, e.g. social media, PR, direct sales, partnerships with local services/businesses, referral schemes, events.
o Work with pick-up points staff to co-promote e.g. flyers, social media.
● Events (both member acquisition and member retention):
o Research relevant local events and build a calendar for the year.
o Coordinate our attendance at relevant local events / create our own events, e.g. liaising with event organisers for street parties, farmers for farm visits.
o Coordinate volunteers/employees/board members to be “spokespeople” at market stalls.
o Design activities to engage potential members.
● Member experience/loyalty:
o Work with the rest of the team to enhance our ‘member experience’ and build loyalty e.g. through rewards for referrals.
o Member surveys to identify events/services that are of value to members (e.g. volunteering opportunities, farm visits), desired operational improvements (e.g. weekly emails with this week’s veg and recipes)
● Research and build partnerships with like-minded organisations, e.g. GP practices, University campuses, Camden market.
● Work with neighbouring veg box schemes round London to share best practices and build synergies.
● Passion for sustainable food systems, fair trade, and/or community empowerment.
● Good communication and interpersonal skills. A knack for putting yourself in other people’s shoes and seeing things from others’ perspectives.
● Hands-on and proactive approach.
● Collaborative and enjoys working across functions and roles to achieve goals.
Skills and Experience
● Understanding of marketing, customer retention, and sales fundamentals
● Digital Marketing work experience and/or relevant studies, including planning and execution on different channels.
● Proficient use of social media.
● Creative content creator, with good copywriting and photo editing skills.
● Experience researching/seeking and building partnerships with like-minded organisations to amplify impact.
● Competent user of Excel and PowerPoint or similar software.
Join us now
We work part time on Vegbox, so we may not pick up the phone when you ring. But leave us a message and we'll get back to you as soon as we can!