Serves 4. You could add a little truffle oil if you have some.
- 1 tbsp dried porcini mushrooms
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 220g mushrooms, sliced
- 350g arborio rice
- 150ml dry white wine
- 1.2 litres hot vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest (optional)
- 25g butter
- salt and pepper
- grated parmesan (optional)
- Put the dried porcini mushrooms in a mug with hot water to soak, drain after about ten minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and garlic and fry gently for 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and fry on a higher heat for 2-3 minutes, till browned.
- Stir in the arborio rice, coating it in the oil, then add the wine and simmer till it’s absorbed.
- Add the hot stock, a small amount at a time, allowing the liquid to be mostly absorbed before you add the next amount, until the rice is plump and tender.
- Chop the porcini mushrooms, mix with chopped parsley and lemon zest if liked, and stir into the risotto.
- Stir in the butter to finish, season to taste, and provide grated parmesan if liked to serve.