- 160g plain flour
- 80g caster sugar
- 80g butter, cut into pieces
- 300g Bramley apple
- 30g butter
- 50g demerara sugar
- 115g blackberries
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 190°C / gas 5.
- Put flour into a bowl, add the butter and rub it into the flour using your fingers until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the caster sugar.
- Peel, core and cut the apples into 2cm dice.
- Put the butter and demerara sugar in a medium saucepan and melt together over a medium heat.
- Cook for 3 mins until the mixture turns to a light caramel.
- Stir in the apples and cook for 3 mins.
- Take off the heat and stir in the blackberries and cinnamon.
- Spoon the warm fruit into an ovenproof gratin dish, top with the crumble mix, then cook in the oven for 15-25 minutes until golden coloured on top.